Our season opened in September, when TERRY DOLAN gave us an insight into his role of a referee’s assessor. Then in October SIMON MALTBY explained his role as the Tigers Physio, to be followed in November by BOB DENNISON who spoke about his career. 2005 was brought to a close by the usual Christmas Lunch.
2006 got off to a flying start with our largest attendance to date, to hear DAVID BURNS of Radio Humberside speak about his life behind the microphone. MALCOLM LORD was a welcome guest in February followed by MIKE BOWERING in March. April also saw a good attendance for ANDY DAVIDSON’s visit and the season closed with an excellent end of season lunch.
During the season we helped with sponsorship of three players kit (and as usual two of them left during the season) and the usual Juniors trip to Holland also Neil Mann’s sponsored walk. In addition we provided the wine and fruit juice at the lunches. I cannot close without expressing thanks to the following:-
- Adam Pearson who’s behind the scenes help is invaluable.
- Adrian Hunter and Claire Hunter from the Events Team for their help in arranging meetings and lunch arrangements.
- Our Guest Speakers who have provided us with entertainment throughout the season.
- Steve Jordan for the P.A. announcements and Matt Carrington for the programme notes.
- To you the members for your attendance and interest.
- My personal thanks for all the Committee members and to Bill Shirley (our sound engineer) who have all helped behind the scenes.
I hope you all will enjoy this season’s programme of meetings.